Data Journalism Crash Course
March 15 at 10 AM – 5 PM at Södertörn University
A crash course in finding stories from data for beginners. The course is led by award-winning Helena Bengtsson and Linnea Heppling, data editors at the Swedish Television and experienced trainers.
You will learn:
– how to think like a data journalist
– how to get data into Excel
– simple cleaning of dirty data
– to interview your data by sorting and filtering
– to use pivot tables to summarize your data
– how to combine data from different spreedsheets
The workshop is aimed at journalists with no or little experience of working with data.
Registration & practical information:
The workshop costs 2,000 SEK + VAT and include coffee, breakfast sandwich, lunch and afternoon coffee.
There will be computers available. If you are using your own computer, make sure to have Excel installed.
The course is open to 20 participants. First come, first serve.
After 1 of March the registration is binding